Proctor Information

how to become a swe exam proctor

The Society of Wine Educators is always looking for qualified individuals to proctor our exams.  Our exams happen around the country in almost every market, sometimes as often as six times a year.  We need proctors to give the Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW), Certified Specialist of Spirits (CSS), and the Hospitality/Beverage Specialist Certificate (HBSC) exams.


Individuals that are members and that have either their CSW or CSS certification are eligible and we provide a $150 honorarium for proctors who give the CSW or CSS exams.  If you'd like to be considered, please email Ben Coffelt, Education and Technology Manager, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .